Mostly used as an extra procedure alongside abdominoplasty or breast reduction, liposuction can remove large amounts of fatty tissue through minimal scars, providing the overlying skin is elastic enough to contract on its own.
- Removal of fatty tissue through 3mm incisions
- Fine tuning of areas beyond the incisions made by other procedures
- Removal of benign fatty lumps
- 60 – 90 minutes
- Can shower wounds from day 1
- Supportive surgical garments 2 -6 weeks
- Full exercise 6 weeks
Return To Work:
- 1-2 weeks typically (depend on occupation)
- 1-2 weeks depending on areas treated
Bruising mainly. Low risk of infection or bleeding as incisions are small. Minor contour deformities. Very rarely damage to internal organs has been reported.
Needs to be stopped at least 6 weeks before surgery to reduce your risk of complications